Breakfast Recipes for Campouts!
Handy recipes for Scout cooking on campouts compiled by Alex Citardi in 2018.
CRUNCHY FRENCH TOAST
- 1 (12-ounce) box cornflakes cereal
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices bread
- Large frying pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Crush cornflakes in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and milk in medium sized bowl.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg batter, then place in bowl of cornflakes, covering both sides in crushed flakes.
- Fry both sides of each slice until brown
- Serve with syrup.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any type)
- 12-inch Dutch oven
- Aluminum foil or Dutch oven liner
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- 25 coals
- Line sides of Dutch oven with aluminum foil or liner.
- Preheat oven using 8 coals underneath and 17 on the lid.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together except the nuts.
- Remove oven from heat and pour coffee cake batter into oven, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle nuts on to of batter
- Return oven to the coals and bake for 30 minutes.