Lunch Recipes for Campouts!
Handy recipes for Scout cooking on campouts compiled by Alex Citardi in 2018.
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ¾ cup hot water
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) container cottage chees
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 12-inch Dutch oven
- 2 medium-sized mixing bowls
- 23 coals
- Brown meat in a Dutch oven over 23 briquettes. Drain excess grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce, hot water and oregano to ground beef. Stir and set aside in medium sized bowl.
- In a second medium sized bowl, mix mozzarella, cottage cheese, parmesan, and egg.
- Place a band of uncooked noodles on the bottom of the Dutch oven. Cover noodles with a layer of meat mix, then cover meat mix with layer of cheese mix.
- Repeat process until all ingredients are gone
- Cook for 45 minutes, leaving 10 briquettes under the Dutch oven and moving 13 coals to the lid. Lasagna is done once noodles are soft.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons crushed or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (26-ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 2(26-ounce) cans water (use empty spaghetti sauce can for measuring)
- 2 pounds uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12-inch Dutch oven with 25 coals, or stove and cooking pot
- Brown beef and sausage in Dutch oven over 25 briquettes. Drain grease.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook until it becomes golden.
- Add oregano, spaghetti sauce, water and uncooked macaroni. Stir and make sure all noodles are saturated.
- Cover Dutch oven and place 13 coals on the lid and leaving 12 under the oven.
- Bake until fully cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese. Once melted, sprinkle with parmesan and serve.