Dinner Recipes for Campouts!
Handy dinner recipes for Scout campouts compiled by Alex Citardi in 2018.
PORCUPINE BALL SOUP
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 (10 ¾ ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 3 (10 ¾ ounce) cans water (use empty soup can to measure)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Medium size mixing bowl
- Large size cook pot
- Combine beef, onion, rice, salt and egg in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Form beef mixture into bite size balls.
- In a large cook pot, combine tomato soup and water and boil.
- Gently drop porcupine balls into boiling soup. Put on low heat for 30 minutes or until cooked.
HOT DOG STEW
- 2 pounds hot dogs
- 8 medium white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Large frying pan
- Aluminum foil or frying pan lid
- Cut hot dogs into ¼ inch slices. Peel and slice potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Cook hot dogs and onions until brown.
- Add potatoes and enough water to just overlay all ingredients. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft. Lightly mash potatoes in the pan.
- Add salt and black pepper and any additional water as needed. Stir to make a thick brown gravy.