HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT LEADER IN TROOP 11
—> Scouting U’s eLearning Content for Scouts BSA Leaders <— Online Courses Organized by Role
—> BSA Adult Training <— This link takes you to a comprehensive section that provides a variety of materials, from quick references to complete courses, all designed to help adult leaders improve their leadership skills and deliver a quality program.
- Joining Courses
- Orientation Courses
- Position-Specific (Role-Based) Courses
- Supplemental Training Courses
- Outdoor Skills Training Courses
—> Wood Badge
—> Scoutcast Training Sessions
In addition to the mandatory Youth Protection Training , some information-rich, supplemental courses, are available in the e-Learning sectionof my.scouting.org. These include:
- Safe Swim Defense
- Safety Afloat
- Weather Hazards
- Climb On Safely
- Trek Safely
A login is required, but anyone may create a user account and view the courses. Registered members of the BSA may provide their member numbers (as part of the user profile) to receive credit.
- After logging in, click on the menu in the upper left corner and select “My Dashboard.”
- To access the supplemental courses and others, select “Training Center” in the top, horizontal menu bar.
- Click on the appropriate program and a screen will open up with a selection of courses.
GENERAL TROOP LEADER TRAINING VIDEOS
Scouting’s 8 Methods (video 2:10)
A Game With a Purpose (video 2:10)
Putting Skills into Action (video 3:18)
For more information
- For more information at SHAC, and a link to SHAC’s calendar, go to
- For more information at the national level, go to http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx.
- Please contact Lyman Paden if you have any question and let me know if you take advantage of one or more of these opportunities.