Dessert Recipes for Campouts!
Handy dessert recipes for Scout cooking compiled by Alex Citardi in 2018.
APPLE CARAMEL CAKE
- 3 large sliced golden delicious apples
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12-inch Dutch Oven
- Dutch Oven liners
- Medium size saucepan
- Large size mixing bowl
- Medium size mixing bowl
- 25 coals
- In a large bowl, mix apple slices and sugar
- Add flour, baking soda cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vegetal oil and vanilla together
- Stir the egg mixture into the apple mixture, blending until apples are moistened. The mixture should be thick.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and pecans.
- Pour cake batter into Dutch oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes using 17 coals on the lid and 8 under the oven.
- Prepare caramel while cake cooks by mixing all topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the cake has finish baking, pour the caramel topping over the cake and serve.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow Mein noodles
- Medium size sauce pan
- Waxed paper
- Melt peanut butter and morsels together in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once sauce is smooth, stir in the noodles.
- Drop mixture by the teaspoonful onto waxed paper 4. Chill in cooler.